We are looking for a highly skilled PHP developer to join our team in Manchester. Applicants should be keen to push the boundaries of digital using a mixture of web technologies.
We expect you to be forward thinking when it comes to new technologies, being able to bring ideas to the table on new solutions and not be shy of trying/testing them out.
You will be responsible for the development of websites and web-based applications (and potentially native apps).
Our work is varied, and the studio can get busy. You should be comfortable working across multiple projects at any one time. Working across many sectors, an ability to understand and work to industry best practices is critical.
- • 2+ years experience working with PHP in a professional setting
- PHP 7
- PHP frameworks such as Symfony 3+
- A clear understanding of Git
- Basic understanding of Docker/Docker Compose
- PHP Zend/Laravel
- Experience with React/React Native, JS ES6/7, Sass
- Experience using Yarn, NPM, Docker
- Experience with Progressive Web App standards
- Knowledge of Pimcore
- Knowledge of Twilio
Nice to have
- An interest in emerging technologies
- An interest in data/information management
Attitude & Perspective
- A positive approach to problem-solving and challenges
- Looking to challenge themselves with new technology & platforms
- A risk-averse approach to development.
- Looking to share knowledge / co-coding, in a small team
Benefits of working with Gather
- A relaxed working environment
- Convenient city centre location
- Support with professional development & encouragement to learn new skills
- 28 days holiday per year
- Access to a pension scheme
- The chance to be part of a dynamic growing team of digital enthusiasts
- £23,000 to £28,000/year DOE