We’re currently looking for a highly skilled front-end developer to join our studio in Manchester. Applicants should have a designer’s eye when it comes to the details and be keen to push the boundaries of digital development.
We expect you to be forward thinking when it comes to new technologies, being able to bring ideas to the table on new solutions and not be shy of trying/testing them out.
You will be responsible for the development of websites and web-based applications (and potentially native apps).
Working with designers initially to consult on best practice and limitations before integrating your work alongside the rest of the development team.
Our work is varied, and the studio can get busy. You should be comfortable working across multiple projects at any one time. Working across many sectors, an ability to understand and work to industry best practices is critical.
- 2+ years developing responsive websites
- Demonstratable competency in HTML standards and understanding of HTML5 semantics
- Experience with React, JS ES6/7, Sass and WebPack
- Experience in Progressive Web App Development standards.
- A clear understanding of Git
- Experience developing templates for 1 or more Content Management Systems
- An interest or experience in developing mobile/tablet applications using web technologies
- An understanding of Agile methodologies
- JIRA (or similar time tracking software)
- Experience using Yarn, NPM
- Knowledge of React Native
- Knowledge of Pimcore/Zend/Symfony
Attitude & Perspective
- A positive approach to problem-solving and challenges
- Looking to challenge themselves with new technology & platforms
- A risk-averse approach to development.
- Looking to share knowledge / co-coding, in a small team
Benefits of working with Gather
- A relaxed working environment
- Convenient city centre location
- Support with professional development & encouragment to learn new skills
- 28 days holiday per year
- Access to a pension scheme
- The chance to be part of a dynamic growing team of digital enthusiasts
- £23,000 to £28,000/year DOE